“Share On” is a simple Chrome Extension which allows you to share pages to certain social networks.
It’s nothing major, just something I put together instead of having multiple extensions for each service.
*Note, when downloading the extension, (depending on your version of Chrome) a message will appear the top of the page saying “Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this website.”. This is a security message built into the browser. To alert you the extension is not in the Webstore, therefore Chrome cannot verify it.
To install the extension, visit
chrome://extensions (or Menu -> Tools -> Extensions). Now open up your downloads folder, find the extension
shareon.crx and drag ‘n’ drop onto the extensions page.
How the version system works:
- First Digit: Increases over time/major update
- Second Digit: Increases for new features
- Third Digit: Increases for bug fixes
- Added via @username support for Twitter, using the Twitter Card meta data. (Requires new permissions to access page)
- Added more symbols to the title removal feature
- Added Google Analytics code. Due to increasing popularity, to see which services are used the most
- Added support for link sharing
- Fixed variable name of
- Even more code improvements – The function now takes the page passed, instead of re-querying it.
- Removed wrapper function from context menus – it’s no longer needed
- Version 1.5.1
- Fixed link sharing bug for Facebook
- Version 1.5.2
- Removes play symbol from title when sharing some videos