In regards to my previous post, I thought I’d give you all a little update on what was going on.
First up, after trying multiple options and still not gaining access, I decided perhaps I had to re-install – as I had read elsewhere. But, whilst I still had limited access (Thank you the “Remember Me” check box) I didn’t want to directly re-install, so I decided to move servers. (This also gave me a nice opportunity to use the WordPress exporter/importer rather than the database – that was getting a little … messy!)
So as I had a majority of the blog moved over, including posts, pages etc. I began to start setting up plugins again, not installing those I didn’t need/use anymore (left over settings were cluttering up the old database).
Anyway, as a spur of the moment thing, I thought I’d try to login again. To my surprise, it had worked! I could not believe it. Whilst I was thankful for this, I was also a little annoyed as I had spent most of the previous evening attempting to fix it. Still, it worked, it was something. So I left it at that.
I then decided to re-check that evening, thought I’d keep an eye on it given the recent scenario. I was locked out again. I just could not understand it, nothing had changed! Still, I was too tired to finish of moving stuff over, decided I would carry on in the morning, but then, yupp, you guessed it. It was working again this morning!
Now, nothing has changed to change this behaviour, it was all very, very confusing! My first thought was perhaps given the Christmas/New Year holidays, there was something wrong with the server. But nothing has been said about it.
Anyway, the current status is everything is working, for all users. So I’m going to leave it over the course of this week, to see how it goes. If it continues to play up, I guess I shall spent next weekend sorting it out. But for now, it appears to be working!