But, there is light upon the horizon and all should be fixed now! Whilst I still don’t know the issue (but I believe it was some kind of hack) everything is back up and a fresh install with some lovely interesting features.
Stuff You Might Care About
Shortcuts, loads of shortcuts!
- First up, there are now buttons at the bottom of each post saying “Previous” and “Next”, funnily, that go to the previous/next posts.
- Swipe shortcuts! Now, if you’re visiting on a touchscreen device, try swiping your finger left, you should be taken to the previous page. Now swiping it right, should take you back (or to the “next” post).
- Desktop swipe shortcuts! These weren’t actually intentional, but still, pretty cool. If you have a scroll button on your mouse, then press it and swiping left/right should take you to the previous/next post.
- Keyboard shortcuts. If you don’t have a scroll button on your mouse, then you have keyboard shortcuts! Pressing the left arrow key should take you to the previous post and right should take you to the next post!
I couldn’t get keyboard shortcuts or swipe shortcuts to work together, but I think most people use a mouse on webpage anyway, so it makes it easier. Still all fun, fun stuff!
Stuff You Might Not Care About
- I now have a child theme! About time too, no more editing of themes then reading changelogs to see what changed. Make a child theme, add your functions. Works pretty well
- Loading time is faster! As you may have noticed, the share buttons have gone (you can always use my extension if you want to share), but load time has increased by half! So always good!
- Finally, a new comments system that loads faster and should be a little bit more mobile friendly – hurrah!
Now, before I forget. I mentioned about about thinking I had been hacked, let me re-assure you, things should be safe now, especially on here, if you’re still unsure, there is a website called “Sucuri SiteCheck” which I have checked mine on, it comes back clean. So there’s some more good news! You can view the results here: http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/itsdaniel0.com