I’ve become very, lazy, recently when it comes to blog management. In fact, I was supposed to upload a website a few months back and I’ve yet to do that! Whether I will, is a different question. But then yesterday, I was about to do something, then I realised I to make it a lot easier for myself, I’ll use something that I had uploaded on here… Except, making it easier wasn’t the exact thing to begin with.
Now myself, I don’t like to avoid third-party applications, if it can be done myself. So that’s what I went ahead to do, it was then I realised the thing I was looking for no longer existed. No worries, I though, I’ll just upload the back-up copy. That wasn’t the easiest of things earlier. Although I had a back-up copy, I needed to run it alongside this website (blog) as apposed to creating a new one for it. Previously, this was easier, however, the hosting company I have moved to handle things slightly differently, so it was a little more difficult to achieve. But alas, after a few hours work it was complete as much as it could be done! With all the previous files too.
Objective achieved I thought… Until I decided to check this morning. It then wasn’t working again. This was not a great such a great start to the day. At first I knew the reason it wasn’t working, there was a missing file! … At least, that’s what I thought. So, I uploaded that, pressed refresh, I had the same error occur. This time I thought to myself; “Right, I’m going to the help file this time”. Alas, that was problem solved! I had the correct file uploaded, with just one word missing from it – the new location! Most things are working fine again, for now at least.
As it’s been a while since I posted something on here, I thought I’d just share my slight frustration and thoughts with you. I’ve been very busy this past month, but hope to pick up again around September time. Hang in there!
Just one more thing that I missed off when changing, the updated settings on the publishing side – Whoops! Now we should be back on track again!